February 24, 2015 – Join us for seven days of cycling in scenic Okanagan Valley for the Cycling Centre Calgary Penticton Camp, Mar. 20-28 for cycle and Para-cycle athletes ages 12 and up with a focus on Junior and Provincial level. Rides will be led by three experienced NCCP certified coaches – see all details below.
Dear Penticton Camp Participants and Parents,
The camp details are as follows:
– Depart March 20th 9:00 AM from the south loading dock of the Olympic Oval returning to the same location on March 28th around 6:30-7:00 PM
– Brewster Charter Bus
– Please pack your bike for storage in the lower level of the bus (Bike box, travel case etc)
– Athletes will need food and snacks as well as money to purchase lunch on the road for both the outbound and return trips
– Staff; Stephen Burke, Phil Abbott and Matt Hadley (Plus we have a guest Coach from Tri Canada attending a few days of the camp)
– U23 full camp $1,200
– U23 half camp $650 (4 nights and 3.5 days of meal plan)
– U23 guest camp $900
– Elite/Master camp $1300
– Please add $35 if you do not have Cycling Canada (ABA or Cycling BC) Membership
– Penticton Sandman Inn and Suites
– U23 athletes will stay 2/twin room
– Elite & Master athletes will stay in a Private room
– Staff and Volunteers will stay in Kitchenettes
– Secure Bike storage is provided by the hotel. No bikes are permitted in guest rooms.
– The hotel has banquet rooms, a Denny’s Restaurant, laundry and a court yard with pool.
– Each day breakfast will be served at 8:00 and dinner will be served at 5:30.
– Lunch is self-serve sandwich bar that you will do each morning after breakfast.
– Athletes are responsible for your ride food/drinks. Please plan on bringing your own sport drinks and/or energy bars.
– Sunday evening bowling
– Tuesday or Wednesday evening movie night (weather will dictate the rest day of the camp so we will schedule the movie the night before the rest day)
– In house movies, games etc.
– On Saturday morning we will pick up 2 mini vans that will provide support to the athletes on the rides each day.
Daily Ride Plan:
– Daily rides will depart at 15 min intervals starting at 10:00 AM with the A Group, 10:15 for the B Group and 10:30 for the C Group.
– Rides will vary day to day so be prepared to ride to/through Naramata, Summerland, Ok Falls, Oliver, Osoyoos, Apex Mountain Resort & Keremeos. Rides will utilize secondary roads wherever possible but athletes should be prepared to ride on highway 97 & 3 for both short and extended periods. Both of these roads have a nice wide shoulder with a sleep strip.
– A more detailed agenda for the camp will be published after the athlete registrations have been processed.
Rider Equipment List: (more details will be sent out closer to the camp)
– Road or Cyclocross bike in good working condition with good tires, cables, 2 water bottle cages & good bar tape.
– Expect rain and spring conditions so it is recommended that you bring fenders, booties, long finger gloves, thermal layers and a wind stop shell.
– Helmet, Shoes, Sunglasses, HR Monitor, Bike Computer etc.
– Cycling Centre Calgary will provide:
– 2-3 bike work stands
– 3-4 pumps
– Bike wash station
– First Aid Kits
The 2015 Penticton Camp Registration will be sent out next week, please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Looking forward to another great camp in Penticton.
For more info email email@example.com or call 403-220-8008.