Korf’s main responsibilities will be in talent identification and development, including:
– Supporting NextGen coaches in the delivery of high performance-aligned programs
– Assisting NextGen coaches in supporting provincial coaches in the delivery of programs aligned with the national program objectives
– Acting as Cycling Canada representative on all NextGen cycling program Management groups
– Driving the building and maintenance of cycling podium pathway and gold medal profiles
– Assisting provincial partners in the implementation of LTAD, Podium Pathway and Gold Medal Profile initiatives
– Developing and implementing cycling-purposed talent identification strategies
– Assisting with the development of National Coaching Certification Program high performance coaching initiatives
Canadian and Dutch national, Jesse Korf comes to Cycling Canada having worked as coordinator for the Amsterdam chapter of Rapha Racing for the past two years. Korf previously worked in the Dutch sports system, building development programs for numerous sports, in addition to coaching basketball teams at the national level and acting as strength coach to Olympic level speed skating athletes in the Netherlands.
Korf’s academic background, having pursued a PhD in Sports management at the University of Texas in Austin, a Masters in International Sports management, a Bachelor of Business administration from the University of Applied Sciences in Amsterdam and a National Strength and Conditioning specialist certification, will add great value to the position.
“To me, Canada is one of the global frontrunners in talent development and identification,” said Korf. “The state of cycling in Canada coupled with its unique environment and culture, I believe, holds challenges but also much promise, and I am looking forward to working together with the team at Cycling Canada and all local partners to aim to enhance the Development of our Pathways.”
“The position that Jesse will be filling is a vital one for the development of cycling in Canada,” said Jacques Landry, High Performance Director – Head Coach at Cycling Canada. “In recent years, we’ve put in place numerous development programs that bridge the gap between our top Olympic and Paralympic Performance programs and provincial level programs, but have not yet been able to optimally align provincial and national programming, due to not having the human resources to do so. We are very pleased to have Jesse with us as he will be instrumental in aligning programs, from the club level to the national level.
“We are also confident that Jesse’s skillset will cater to ensuring that we continue to drive the building and the maintenance of our Podium Pathways and Gold Medal Profiles, not only for our national programs, but also for the benefit of our clubs and provincial partners.”
For information on what the Pathway Development Manager will do to enhance the development of cycling programs nationwide, please contact Jacques Landry, High Performance Director – Head Coach at Jacques.firstname.lastname@example.org.