June 10, 2012 – Cycling Canada Cyclisme is proud to unveil the list of athletes who have qualified for the 2012 Olympic Selection Pool for Mountain Bike, a short-list group of riders from which the 2012 Olympic Cycling Team will be drawn from.
“The Canadian mountain bike program has developed significantly over the past four years. We have exceptional riders on both the men’s and women’s side of the program. It’s an exciting time for our sport with several riders set to continue Canada’s rich tradition of success,” said Dan Proulx, Head Coach of the Canadian Mountain Bike Team.
Olympic Selection Pool – Mountain Bike, Women
– Emily Batty (Brooklin, On/ Team Subaru-Trek)
– Jean-Ann Berkenpas (Valemount, Bc/Team Xprezo-Borsao)
– Catharine Pendrel (Kamloops, Bc/ Team Luna Pro)
– Marie-Hélène Prémont (Château Richer, Qc/Team Rocky Mountain Bicycles)
– Amanda Sin (Collingwood, On/ Team Scott-3Roxracing)
– Catharine Vipond (Oshawa, On/Team Norco Factory Team)
– Sandra Walter (Vancouver, Bc/Team Xprezo-Borsao)
Olympic Selection Pool – Mountain Bike, Men
– Matthew Hadley (Mount Hope, Nb/Team Xprezo-Borsao)
– Cameron Jette (Toronto, On/Team Scott-3Roxracing)
– Geoff Kabush (Courtenay, Bc/ Team Scott-3Roxracing)
– Adam Morka (Toronto, On/Team Trek Canada)
– Max Plaxton (Victoria, Bc/ Specialized Racing Usa)
– Derek Zandstra (Trenton, On/Team Scott-3Roxracing)
Through the UCI Qualification process, Canada qualified two spots for the women’s Olympic cross country race and two spots of the women’s Olympic cross country race.
Athletes in the Olympic selection pool have all qualified as a result of their performances since the UCI Qualification Window has been opened. As per the approved Selection guidelines, the High Performance advisory committee of Cycling Canada Cyclisme, comprised of many specialists, will gather and proceed with the selection of athlete who will be nominated to the 2012
For more information on the selection protocol for Mountain Bike cycling, please click HERE.
The list of nominated athletes to the 2012 Canadian Olympic Team will be announced on June 20 at the 2012 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup in Mont-Sainte-Anne, QC.