The eight-men team is will proudly wear the Canadian colours at the Tour of Alberta, which begins on September 3rd in Edmonton, AB and runs through the province of Alberta for six days, ending in Calgary on September 8th.
Rob Britton of Victoria, BC (Team Raleigh) will be leading the charge for Team Canada, joined by two-time U23 Canadian Road Champion Antoine Duchesne of Quebec, QC (Bontrager Cycling Team), Garret McLeod of Wolfville, NS (Team H&R Block), Stuart Wight of Riverview, NB (Hagens Berman Cycling), Ryan Aitcheson of Kitchener, ON (Astellas Oncology Cycling Team), Jean-Sébastien Perron of Gatineau, QC (Stevens Racing p/b The Cyclery), Jean-Michel Lachance of Québec, QC (Predator Carbon Repair Cycling Team) and Derrick St-John of Gatineau, QC (Stevens Racing p/b The Cyclery).
The 2013 Tour of Alberta kicks off its inaugural year in Edmonton, with a 7.8 km prologue to set the pace for the week-long cycling festivities. Throughout the race, the peloton will travel approximately 840 kilometres.
Every stage of the race will be broadcast live on Rogers Sportsnet.
Team Canada – Inaugural Tour of Alberta
– Ryan Aitcheson (Kitchener, On/Astellas Oncology Cycling Team)
– Rob Britton (Victoria, Bc/Team Raleigh)
– Antoine Duchesne (Blainville, Qc/Bontrager Cycling Team)
– Jean-Michel Lachance (Quebec, Qc/ Predator Carbon Repair Cycling Team)
– Garrett Mcleod (Wolfville, Ns/Team H&R Block)
– Jean-Sebastien Perron (Gatineau, Qc/Stevens Racing P/B The Cyclery)
– Derrick St. John (Gatineau, Qc/Stevens Racing P/B The Cyclery)
– Stuart Wight (Riverview, Nb/Hagens Berman Cycling)