August 16, 2012 (Ottawa, ON) – Cycling Canada is pleased to announce the six athletes who will represent Canada at the 2012 UCI Juniors Track World Championships, held in Invercargill, New Zealand, from August 22-26, 2012.
Led by junior national team coaches Rob Good and Jeff Ain, the Canadian junior team has already received some media attention whilst undertaking their last preparations on the track in Invercargill. The team has been training in New Zealand since August 14th in order to get over the jet lag and put their best wheel forward going into the most significant international competition of the season.
‘The team is very excited to be here competing amongst the best in the world. They are focused on the task at hand and ready to give it their all.’ proclaimed Rob Good, head coach of the junior team.
Canadian Team – 2012 UCI Juniors Track World Championships
– Kinley Gibson (Edmonton, AB) – Team Sprint, Omnium, Individual Pursuit, Points Race
– Audrey Labrie (Montreal, QC) – Sprint, Team Sprint, Keirin, Scratch
– Joakim Albert (Quebec City, QC) – Sprint, Keirin, Kilo
– Aidan Caves (Vancouver, BC) – Omnium, Individual Pursuit
– Eric Johnstone (Calgary, AB) – Individual Pursuit, Points Race, Madison
– William Simonds (London, ON) – Madison, Scratch Race
The full competition schedule can be found HERE.
For further information regarding the 2012 Junior World Championships please click HERE.