May 01, 2013 (Vancouver, BC) – RBC GranFondo Whistler has partnered with the Vancouver Sun and Cycling BC this year to produce ride clinics. We are very excited about the project and welcome your involvement.
This program will focus on group training clinics for men and women riders who are new to riding or renewing their love of riding. The 14-week program will include coaching on basic techniques of riding and training for a long distance ride. Target challenge ride 2013 RBC GranFondo Whistler 122km
– A 14-week clinic held at 10 community centres in Vancouver and the lower mainland (similar to The Sun Run Clinic format).
– Clinics will be in Vancouver, Burnaby, Coquitlam, North Van and Steveston.
– Program will run from May 27th to August 26th.
– Approximately 50 participants/clinic and 5 ride leaders.
– 1 mid-week ride after work ~6pm. M/T/W or Th
– Community Centre used to gather for a 30 min initial meeting place and pre-ride talk. A ride leader outside will monitor bikes during pre-ride talk.
– Ride duration will be 60-90 min in the vicinity of the community centre.
– Experienced, enthusiastic, ride leaders and volunteers recruited from local bike stores, cycling and tri clubs Program developed by Cycling BC
We are recruiting keen ride leaders who have an outstanding positive and supportive attitude.
Here’s the low down on the levels and perks:
1. Two assistant ride leaders at each site – receives RBC GranFondo Whistler entry and bike vest
2. Two volunteer ride leaders at each site – receives bike vest
All ride leaders will participate in a one day training session on either May 4th or May 11th to run through clinic details and expectations plus CPR certification.
My First Fondo ride clinics are the beginning of a significant program. Come be a part of our team at this grassroots level!
Please contact Nicole Rochefort, Communications & Events Coordinator, email@example.com, 604-360-2154.