February 17, 2016 (Vancouver, BC) – Join us for a full week of cycling and climbing adventures! iRide is partnering with Climb Base 5 to offer kids ages 8-12 a week-long, full-day spring break camp, March 21-25. Obtain an elevated education during your school break! Our week-long full-day combination camps offer a great introduction to climbing and multi-discipline cycling. This camp combines both indoor and outdoor activities and features a partnership between Cycling BC’s iRide program and Climb Base 5, one of the Vancouver’s fastest growing indoor climbing facilities.
Each day participants will spend 2-3 hrs at the climbing gym and 2-3 hrs at the cycling venue with transportation between venues organized by Cycling BC, providing 5 full days of adventure.
The Burnaby Velodrome will feature as the cycling hub and include a mix of velodrome riding, outdoor mountain biking, BMX skills, and challenging skill-based games. At Climb Base 5, students will learn the essentials of safe climbing and build on the basics of movement and technique. In the spirit of iRide, all lessons at both Climb Base 5 and the cycling venue will pair with fun challenges to compliment each new skill.
Open to any skill level, this camp is designed for a child aged 8-10 or 11-12 who is ready to challenge themselves in a fun peer group setting and try something new! All students must be comfortable on a 2-wheel bicycle. Rental bicycles and helmets will be available upon request.
Join us for a ‘Seriously Fun’ adventure!
- iRide Spring Break Camp March 21, 2016 @ 9:00 am – March 25, 2016 @ 4:00 pm
- Cost: $250
- Organizer: Cycling BC iRide
- Phone: 604-902-2898
- Email: email@example.com
- Organizer Website: www.cyclingbc.net/iride
- Event Website: http://www.climbbase5.com/base-camps/
- Registration: Book online here or call 604-526-2402
Climb Base5 Activities:
- Safety equipment set-up and checks
- Knot tying
- Belaying (Rope Management)
- Movement Skills
- Bouldering, Top Roping, & Auto-Belay
- Games and activities that go hand in hand with a day of climbing
- Safety skills
- Velodrome sessions
- Mountain biking skills
- BMX riding
- Basic cycling skills
- March 21st – 25th
- 9:00am – 4:00pm
- $250 plus GST
- Ages specific groups: Group One 8-10 years, Group two 11-12yrs
- All equipment provided
- Participants responsible for lunches, snacks and hydration, cars seats if aged 8-9