June 23, 2008 (Blainville, QC) — Jennie Trew (Vanderkitten Racing) and Juan Esteban Arango Carvajal (Colombia) have won the overall at the 2008 Coupe de la Paix as the series wrapped up today with the final Stage 4 in Blainville, just north of Montreal, won by Joelle Numainville (ESGL 93 GSD Gestion) and the Brazilian Patrique Azevedo (Garneau-Crocs).
Numainville finished today ahead of Trew with Natasha Elliott (EMD Serono/Stevens) in third with Trew ending up with 590 points to claim the series title over Numainville with 540, while Sunday’s winner, Karol-Ann Canuel (Specialized Multisports), placed third overall with 450 points.
On the men’s side, Azevedo was followed on today’s (Monday) final stage by Charly Vives (Calyon) in 2nd, and Tim Hucker (Aus) Garneau Crocs in 3rd. Yesterday saw Eric Boily (VW) take the Stage 3 win over by Ramos Kleber (Bra) Garneau-Crocs in second and Canada’s Dominique Rollin (Toyota United) in third.
Esteban won the series with 620 points while Hucker was second overall with 570 points, and Arnaud Papillon (VW) finished third with 530 points. Full results for all stages and overall here.
Women – 45km
1. Karol-Ann Canuel (Can) Specialized Multisports 1:10:26
2. Jennie Trew (Can) Vanderkitten Racing 0:09
3. Audrey Lemieux (Can) Specialized Multisports
Men – 60km
1. Eric Boily (Can) Volkswagen 1:19:41
2. Ramos Kleber (Bra) Garneau-Crocs
3. Dominique Rollin (Can) Toyota United
1. Joelle Numainville (Can) ESGL 93 GSD Gestion 1:15:03
2. Jennie Trew (Can) Vanderkitten Racing
3. Natasha Elliott (Can) EMD Serono/Stevens
1. Patrique Azevedo (Bra) Garneau-Crocs 1:19:41
2. Charly Vives (Can) Calyon
3. Tim Hucker (Aus) Garneau-Crocs
1. Jenny Trew (Can) Vanderkitten Racing 590 points
2. Joelle Numainville (Can) ESGL 93 GSD Gestion 540
3. Karol Ann Canuel (Can) Specialized Multisports 450
1. Juan Esteban Arango Carvajal (Col) 620 points
2. Tim Hucker (Aus) Garneau-Crocs 570
3. Arnaud Papillon (Can) VW 530