January 28, 2006 – The CCA wishes to announce that it will offer an NCCP Technical Level 3 in Cycling which will take place in Calgary, Alberta on March 10th-12th 2006. The course will be held by Houshang Amiri, Director and Head Coach, of the National Cycling Centre, Victoria.
– Candidates must be fully certified NCCP Level 2 in one cycling discipline and fully certified NCCP Level 1 in a second cycling discipline. – The candidate must have successfully completed the NCCP Level 3 theory component. – Note: All coaching credits and records must be verifiable from the candidate’s NCCP transcript maintained by the Coaching Association of Canada. – Candidates must receive the recommendation of their provincial or territorial association. The Associations are encouraged to subsidize costs for candidates representing the province or territory.
– Eligible candidates must complete the attached application form and return to the CCA with payment for the course and accommodation if required. – Registration is $250.00 – POSSIBLE FUNDING GRANT: Interested applicants are urged to submit an expression of interest to Cycling BC for travel and/or registration subsidy by March 1st. – The registration deadline is Friday February 24th 2006. Candidates will receive confirmation as registrations are received.
Candidates will be asked to arrive on the evening of Thursday March 9th for an informal get together at approximately 20h00; including a brief introduction and to receive any course materials.
The following topics will be covered at this course:- Sport psychology, physiology, nutrition, strength training, team management, using a power meter for training, etc (Tentative outline – subject to change).
– Friday March 10th – All day (09h00 -18h00) – Classroom session.
– Saturday March 11th – All day (09h00 -18h00) – Classroom session.
– Sunday March 12th – Participants depart (09h00 -16h00) – Classroom session.
ACCOMMODATION & TRAVEL:
Candidates are responsible for their own costs
and arrangements associated with travel,
accommodation and meals. The CCA is exploring the
availability of affordable room rates at a local
hotel. Please indicate on the registration form
the dates accommodation would be required if
interested in this option. The CCA will confirm
availability and rates to participants.