June 23, 2005 (Ottawa) –The Canadian Cycling Association is proud to announce the names of the athletes who will represent Canada at the 2005 BMX World Championships in Paris, France, on July 29-31.
Eight Canadians will compete in the championship categories:
– Ken Cools (Airdrie AB)
– John Land (Langley BC)
– Cory Banks (Vernon BC)
– Aaron Lepp (Calgary AB)
– Samantha Cools (Airdrie AB)
– Patrick Lebel (Calgary AB)
– Scott Erwood (Langley BC)
– Christine Miller (Airdrie AB)
The team is fully funded by the CCA and will be led by team manager Francis Paradis and coach John Cools.
In addition, the following 10 Canadians will be travelling to Paris to compete in the challenge categories:
– Michael Bailey — 16 boys (Okotoks AB)
– James Brown — 16 boys,15-16 cruiser (Airdrie AB)
– Pol-Emil Doucet — 8 boys (Trois-RiviÃ¨res QC)
– Justin Gundlock — 17+ men (Lethbridge AB)
– Eric Hetherington — 15 boys (Medicine Hat AB)
– Jeff Ingram — 35-39 cruiser men (Calgary AB)
– Peter Jensen — 45+ cruiser men (Maple Ridge BC)
– Leonard Kilgour — 17+ men, 19-29 cruiser men (Surrey BC)
– Tory Nyhaug — 13 boys, 13-14 cruiser boys (Coquitlam BC)
– Layne Nyhaug — 16 girls (Coquitlam BC)
Congratulations to the athletes, and good luck in Paris!