November 26, 2014 (Vancouver, BC) – DEVO, based in Vancouver is looking for a head coach for our U17/U19 road program. The right individual must have a passion for coaching youth and road racing and able to meet the challenge of continuing to develop a first rate youth cycling program.
The successful candidate will have NCCP coaching certification or be working towards certification and be a self-starter with experience in developing ride and skill development plans. Mentoring with the current coach Jesse Reams will be available until Jesse’s planned relocation in the Spring.
Effective Date: January 1, 2015
Position: DEVO U17/U19 Road Head Coach Job Description
Salary: Commensurate with experience
1. U17/U19 Road program planning coaching and coordination
2. Sponsor and club relations
1. U17/U19 program planning, coaching and coordination:
The Coach will develop, plan and implement an annual development program which utilizes Escape Velocity’s administrative and material support and has the following characteristics:
1. Coordinate U17/U19 race travel plans primarily with the U17/U19 Coordinator, but also with the U13/U15 Coach and Coordinator, and the DEVO program director as appropriate.
2. Coordinate weekly training schedule with DEVO program director and U17/U19 assistant coaches.
3. Lead 2 training sessions per week (Jan. 1-April 1st and Sept. 1- Dec. 1) and 3 training sessions per week (April 1-Aug 31) as per indicated on the DEVO calendar.
4. Lead or participate in 1-3 recruiting sessions per week (Feb.1 – March 31; Sept. 1 – Nov. 30) with additional compensation per recruitment session.
5. Attend races in the DEVO calendar identified as core races for the team.
6. Work with the DEVO program director to plan and implement physiological and psychological education into the core U17/U19 program.
7. Assists in developing annualized program level training plans for the U17/U19 program with DEVO program director and Catalyst Kinetics coaches. Plan is disseminated monthly to athletes via Trainingpeaks.
8. In conjunction with the DEVO program director review each athlete’s training via trainingpeaks bi-weekly and make necessary adjustments.
9. Be point of first contact with athletes with regard to coaching inquiries.
10. Assists with indoor cycling workouts at Catalyst Kinetics or other partners.
2. Sponsor and club relations:
The DEVO u17/u19 Road Head Coach role is a public role in both the immediate Escape Velocity and DEVO club as well as within the wider cycling community. The u17/u19 Road Head Coach role requires the organization of volunteers and sponsor resources. In addition to general expectations of professional communication within the club to members and their families, the u17/u19 Road Head Coach is responsible for:
Providing regular updates (post-event or monthly, whichever is more frequent) to sponsors and club members about DEVO and relevant EV activities and opportunities. The means of updates shall include social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) as well as formal communication means such as email.
The u17/u19 Road Head Coach reports directly to the DEVO Program Director and Head Coach.
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you!
– Open until filled.
– Submit resume to Andrew Pinfold: email@example.com