February 08, 2017 (Marseille, France) – In our recent Canadians in Europe post we forgot to includ The Grand Prix Cycliste la Marseillaise that took place in Marseille, France on January 29. The 146km UCI 1.1 event had three Canucks in the mix, with Ryan Anderson (Direct Energie) finishing 13th at 34 seconds behind winner Arthur Vichot (FDJ). Anderson finished in the second group on the road behind nine break-away riders.
Read our first report here.
1. Arthur Vichot (Fra) FDJ 3:45:43
2. Maxime Bouet (Fra) Fortuneo – Vital Concept
3. Lilian Calmejane (Fra) Direct Energie
4. Julien El Fares (Fra) Delko Marseille Provence KTM
5. Tony Gallopin (Fra) Lotto Soudal
6. Mikaël Cherel (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale
7. Mauro Finetto (Ita) Delko Marseille Provence KTM
8. Hubert Dupont (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale
9. Thibaut Pinot (Fra) FDJ 0:06
10. Samuel Dumoulin (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 0:34
13. Ryan Anderson (Can) Direct Energie
31. Sean Mackinnon (Can) An Post – Chain Reaction 3:12
95. Hugo Houle (Can) AG2R La Mondiale 11:59