August 25, 2010 ((Québec, QC) – The Canadian Cycling Association (CCA), in collaboration with SpiderTech, is proud to unveil the list of riders who will be competing for the National Team in the Grands Prix Cyclistes ProTour 2010 in Québec City and Montréal on September 10 and September 12.
The National Team will be managed by Steve Bauer as Directeur Sportif for the two events. Included in the roster are Will Routley of Whistler, BC, the 2010 Canadian Champion in the road race, as well as Dominique Rollin of Boucherville, QC, who has been released by his continental cycling team to compete under the National team colors.
“I am very proud and excited to have the opportunity to race in front of my home crowd in the 2010 Grands Prix Cyclistes UCI ProTour for Québec and Montréal,” said Rollin. “I am honoured to be racing on the Canadian National Team with so many other excellent Canadian riders.”
The team is comprised of 12 riders from various professional cycling teams, including SpiderTech powered by Planet Energy, Kelly Benefit Strategies, Jelly Belly Cycling Team, FLY V Australia, BISSELL Pro Cycling, and Cervélo TestTeam.
“The team we have selected will make Canada proud. For many this will be their first time racing at this calibre, alongside the elite of international road cycling. The experience gained at these two world-class events by these young athletes will no doubt strengthen their skills as cyclists. In the longer term, the Québec City and Montréal Grands Prix Cyclistes are important pieces in the development and growth of cycling in Canada,” said Jacques Landry, Chief Technical Officer for the Canadian Cycling Association.
In the roster of 12 cyclists, nine come from the province of Québec, two from British Columbia and one from Alberta. Canadian officials will select, from this list, the riders for each of the two races. Some riders will have the opportunity to ride in both events, while some will race in either Montréal or Québec. According to UCI ProTour regulations, teams have up to 72 hours to make final changes to their rosters.
The ProTour Provisional team rosters for Quebec City and Montreal are subject to change up to 72 hours priort to the race.
National Team Powered by SpiderTech
– ANDERSON, Ryan – Spruce Grove, AB – (Kelly Benefit Strategies)
– BOILY, David – Québec, QC – (SpiderTech powered by Planet Energy)
– BOIVIN, Guillaume – Longueil, QC – (SpiderTech powered by Planet Energy)
– BRITTON, Rob – Victoria, BC – (BISSELL Pro Cycling)
– DIONNE, Charles – Saint-Rédempteur, QC – (FLY V Australia)
– GILBERT, Martin – Châteauguay, QC – (SpiderTech powered by Planet Energy)
– LACOMBE, Keven – Montréal, QC – (SpiderTech powered by Planet Energy)
– LANGLOIS, Bruno – Québec, QC – (SpiderTech powered by Planet Energy)
– ROUTLEY, Will – Whistler, BC – (Jelly Belly Cycling team powered by – Kenda)
– PARISIEN, François – Repentigny, QC – (SpiderTech powered by Planet Energy)
– ROLLIN, Dominique – Boucherville, QC – (Cervélo TestTeam)
– VEILLEUX, David – Cap-Rouge, QC – (Kelly Benefit Strategies)
In addition to unveiling the National Team roster, the Canadian Cycling Association publicly unveiled the jersey to be worn by the team at this special event. The jersey, custom made for this event, has been designed and produced by Louis Garneau Inc. headquartered in St-Augustin-de-Desmaures, QC.