February 24, 2009 – The Canadian Paralympic Committee (CPC) is inviting Canadians to submit nominations to be considered for the Canadian Paralympic Hall of Fame. CPC recognizes and celebrates those who have contributed to the growth and development of the Paralympic Movement.
The Canadian Paralympic Hall of Fame Selection Committee will be seeking nominees who meet the outlined criteria within one of three categories: athlete, builder or coach. Nominees will be evaluated on the basis of significance and scope of their achievements, dedication to sport, and consistency of their performance over a span of time and personal qualities that reflect the Paralympic values on and off the field of play.
The nominee’s application must include the following information:
– name, address and contact information of nominee
– name, address and contact information of nominating individual / organization
– a maximum 2 page description / summary of nominee’s accomplishments
– a letter of support from nominating individual / organization
Announcement of Award Winners
– The successful award winners will be contacted by the CPC President.
– How / when the awarded inductees will be recognized is – to be determined.
– All nominations must be received by the Canadian Paralympic Hall of Fame Selection Committee by March 31, 2009
Note: Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.