December 13, 2015 – Seven riders from across Canada will head to Belgium to contest international Cyclo-cross races over a 10-day period at the end of December for Cycling Canada’s first-ever Christmas Cross project.
The Canadian team will contest the following races:
– Dec 26: World Cup – Zolder, Belgium
– Dec 27: Superprestige – Diegem, Belgium
– Dec 29: BPost Bank Trofee Azencross – Loenhout, Belgium
– Dec 31: Versluys CX – Bredene, Belgium
– Jan 1: BPost Banke Trofee GP Sven Nys – Baal, Belgium
– Jan 3: Souldal Classic Cyclocross – Leuven, Belgium
Team Canada – 2015 Christmas Cross Project
– Mical Dyck* (Victoria, BC)
– Anna Schappert (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
– Jeremy Martin (Boischatel, QC)
– Isaac Niles (Calgary, AB)
– Trevor O’Donnell (Barrie, Ontario)
– Gunnar Holmgren (Orillia, Ontario)
– Brody Sanderson (Orillia, Ontario)
*denotes Current Canadian National Champion
Cycling Canada does not receive government funding for Cyclo-Cross programs. This means all projects are funded through sponsorships, private donations or by the athletes themselves. Any amount donated has a direct impact on the development of this sport in Canada. As a not-for-profit organization, Cycling Canada can issue tax receipts for any donation greater than $25. Please note that all support staff for this project are generously donating their time for free.
Please visit the following link to donate hoponcanada.ca/product/cyclo-cross-donation/
If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities please contact Scott Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Canadian Cyclo-Cross Working Group:
The Canadian-Cyclo-cross Working Group is made up of various stakeholders from the Canadian Cyclo-cross community. The objective of this new initiative is to improve communications and planning around the Canadian Cyclo-cross program. The working group has been tasked with developing a sustainable cyclo-cross program, exploring funding opportunities and identifying and engaging leaders in the Canadian Cyclo-cross community to help drive these initiatives.
Working Group members:
– Program Manager: Scott Kelly
– NSO Rep: Kris Westwood
– PSO Rep: Jayson Gillespie
– Elite Female Rep: Mical Dyck
– Elite Male Rep: Aaron Schooler
– Industry Rep: Craig Richey
– Member at Large: Maghalie Rochette