April 01, 2014 (Ottawa, ON) – The Canadian BMX team will be kicking off its 2014 season this week at the BMX Texas US Cup in DeSoto, Texas, USA. Classified as a UCI race, the race in DeSoto offers the opportunity for the Canadian team members to earn valuable UCI points while providing riders with a good warm up for the 2014 Supercross season.
The three-day competition starts on April 4.
Canadian Team – BMX Texas US Cup
– Rosemary Adams (Women Pro)
– Jim Brown (Elite Men)
– Drew Mechielsen (16 girls)
– Hayden Mechielsen (Junior Men/17-18 boys)
– James Palmer (A Pro)
– Mischa Partridge (A Pro)
– Brandon Reid (A Pro)
– Alex Tougas (15 boys) [World U15 Champion]
– Amelia Walsh (Women Pro) [Canadian Elite Champion]
– Corey Walsh (A Pro)
– Ken Cools, Head Coach
– Adam Muys, Coach