Canada’s Steve Smith Injured – OUT of DH WCup Final
Steve Smith © Fraser Britton
August 21, 2011 (Val di Sole, Italy) – Canada’s Steve Smith (Devinci Global Racing) was injured in a training run and will not start the Elite Men’s DH Final on Sunday at Val di Sole, Italy. He may have ligament damage to his ankle. Smith sits 4th overall and is in danger of being knocked off the final podium by Danny Hart (Gbr) Giant and Brook MacDonald (MS Evil) who are both in contention for the final two spots. Only 43 points separate him from Hart who can bump Smith down to 5th with a good run on the final round. MacDonald is close as well and could factor in the final outcome.
Standings after 6 Rounds (La Bresse)
1. Aaron Gwin (USA) Trek World Racing 1,308
2. Greg Minnaar (RSA) Santa Cruz Syndicate 998
3. Gee Atherton (Gbr) Commencal 847
4. Steve Smith (Can) Devinci Global Racing 732
5. Danny Hart (Gbr) Giant Factory Off-Road Team 689
6. Brook Macdonald (Nzl) MS Evil Racing 640
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.