February 14, 2017 (Laigueglia/Liguria, Italy) – Canadian Ryan Anderson of the Direct Energie squad continues to show his early season form after finishing 31st in Sunday’s 54th Trofeo Laigueglia. The 192.5km race consisted of two large circuits followed by three finishing circuits around Laigueglia, Italy.
Fabio Felline, riding for the Italian National Team, took a solo win after attacking on the final climb of the day, finishing 25 seconds ahead of Frenchman Romain Hardy (Fortuneo –Vital concept) in second and fellow Italian Mauro Finetto (Delko Marseille Provence KTM) in third.
Canadian Benjamin Perry of the Israel Cycling Academy team finished 52nd, 10:12 behind Felline. Both Anderson and Perry and scheduled to race the upcoming Omloop Het Hieuwsblad on February 25 and Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne on February 26.
1. Fabio Felline (Ita) Italy 4:54:01
2. Romain Hardy (Fra) Fortuneo-Vital Concept 0:25
3. Mauro Finetto (Ita) Delko Marseille Provence KTM
4. Matteo Trentin (Ita) Italy
5. Cyril Gautier (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale
6. Francesco Gavazzi (Ita) Androni Giocattoli
7. Arthur Vichot (Fra) FDJ
8. Matej Mohoric (Slo) Team UAE Abu Dhabi
9. Mattia Cattaneo (Ita) Androni Giocattoli
10. Romain Combaud (Fra) Delko Marseille Provence KTM 0:29
31. Ryan Anderson (Can) Direct Energie 3:15
52. Benjamin Perry (Can) Israel Cycling Academy 10:12