January 06, 2014 (Toronto, ON) – The Canadian Paralympic Committee is excited to be seeking applications for an amazing home Games opportunity, the 2015 Parapan American Games in Toronto, Ontario, Canada being held from August 7 to 14, 2015. The Chef de Mission is the representative of the Canadian Paralympic Team, a member of the Core Leadership team, and as well as a member of the CPC Issues Management Team at Games.
This position involves a significant level of responsibility and requires a considerable commitment of time, energy and effort. The successful candidate is expected to provide overall leadership to the Canadian Paralympic Team Mission, with key responsibilities including (but not limited to) participation in site visits, regular conference calls and/or mission staff meetings, national events, selection trials, training events, the Chef de Mission Seminar, Mission Orientation Seminar and the Games themselves. The CPC will cover the traveling expenses to meetings, seminars and the Games; as well as accommodation and meal costs incurred while fulfilling Chef’s responsibilities.
Each CPC Paralympic Sport Member in good standing as of the date of the Call for applications is permitted to nominate one candidate.
Two (2) CPC Board members are also permitted to nominate.
The selected candidate will demonstrate the below qualifications.
- To have a variety of experiences and skills demonstrating ability to lead, motivate and foster team building;
- To be a known figure and demonstrate the skills to be a spokesperson on behalf of the CPC;
- To demonstrate strong organizational skills;
- To demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills;
- To demonstrate effective communication skills (written and oral);
- To have demonstrated ability to work effectively with athletes, coaches and team officials;
- To show a successful track record in effectively implementing strategic and operational planning;
- To have strong experience with problem-solving and crisis management skills;
- To be prepared to commit extensive amount of time to the role;
- To demonstrate the ability to work in a fast paced and pressured environment; and
- To show commitment to athletes and to create an environment where they can compete to the best of their abilities while achieving podium successes.
- To have the ability to communicate in both Canada’s official languages;
- To be aware of and know CPC strategic framework, policies and issues related to Paralympic Games;
- To have previous experience on a Paralympic Games Mission and/or other international games experience is an asset; and
- To be involved with CPC.
Please send your application including filled nomination form, letter of interest and resume to the Executive Director, Sport, Catherine Gosselin-Després at email@example.com by January 24, 2014.