April 28, 2017 (Vancouver, BC) – The Burnaby Velodrome, located just east of downtown Vancouver, will be hosting their annual open house on May 13th and 14th. You can try riding the track without committing to a set number a sessions during this special weekend event.
Sessions will run Saturday at 9:30 am-11 am, 11:30 am-1 pm, and 2 pm-3:30 pm. Sessions on Sunday will run 10 am-11:30 pm, 12:30 pm-2 pm.
The session includes:
– your bike
– use of the facility
– pedals (if you don’t have cycling shoes and pedals of your own)
– helmets (if you don’t have your own- sizes are limited so please email with the size you want when registering).
Classes will be limited to a maximum of 16 riders. This is for safety and to give each person maximum ride time.
No experience is needed to register! Everyone is welcome, regardless of ability. The track is a very friendly environment that allows for riders of all ages, genders, and abilities levels to ride. Burnaby Velodrome instructors have taught children as young as 8 years old up to seniors well past their 60s and everyone in between. That said, this event is best for adults as kids under 19 are allowed to do 3 sessions free any Monday and Wednesday.
To register, email email@example.com with the following information:
– Full name
– Size of bike required or height if unsure.
– Whether you require flat pedals, or if you have your own.
– Do you require a helmet, if so what size do you need?
– Which session do you wish to register for?
Sessions will fill up fast so please don’t hesitate to get your name in!