September 3, 2007 – September began for Kiara Bisaro (Can) Team Opus-OGC with the BTT Gran Premi Massi Copa Catalana International at the ski resort of Vallnord, in Andorra, the site of World Cup #4 in 2008.
The course was similar to what will be used for the World Cup there next year, so it was a great opportunity to check it out. The loop has some steep climbs and a lot of really fun technical sections. Vallnord is also developing their bike park, so sections of that were included. “I was a bit stressed because it is at altitude, so I never know how I will feel. I felt great! I had a lot of fun racing there and it was great for the morale to win a race the weekend before World Championships,” said Kiara.
The organizers were really nice and did a really good job on the weekend taking care of everything. They are ready to host a UCI MTB World Cup, May 31-June 1, 2008.
Next up for Kiara and her Opus “Fhast 1” are :
– September 3-9 – UCI World Championships, Fort William, Scotland
– September 15-16 – UCI World Cup # 6 (Final), Maribor, Slovenia
-September 22 – “Good Luck Beijing” 2007 International Mountain Bike Invitational Tournament, Beijing, China
– September 30 – Gran Premi Massi-Copa Catalana BTT Internacional, Calaf, Spain
September 1, 2007
1. Kiara Bisaro (Can) Team Opus 1:16:14
2. Anna Villar (Esp) Team Massi at 2:15
3. Sandra Santanyes (Esp) Team Massi 8:05
4. Merce Tusell (Esp) Team Massi 8:42
5. Cristina Mascarreras (Esp) Team Spiuk-Tau Ceramica 9:52
1. Carlos Coloma (Esp) Spiuk-Tau Ceramica 1:32:10
2. Marti Gispert (Esp) Spiuk-Tau Ceramica at 2:38
3. Marc Trayter (Esp) Spiuk-Tau Ceramica 3:39
4. Marc Colom (Esp) Calvisson Egobike 5:27
5. Juan Pedro Trujillo (Esp) Massi 6:42