May 25, 2009 (Toronto, ON) – On Thursday, May 28th from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. the Toronto Coalition for Active Transportation (TCAT) and the Clean Air Partnership are hosting this second annual one-day bicycle policy conference. The Bike Summit will be held at the Novotel Toronto Centre, 45 The Esplanade in downtown Toronto.
Join leading thinkers, practitioners and decision-makers who are on the fast track to creating bikeable communities. Enjoy innovative and forward-thinking sessions that will:
– Share international and Canadian best practices and perspectives realizing the economic and public health benefits of cycling.
– Present innovative new approaches to street design that improve conditions for active transportation.
– Engage key stakeholders on how to address barriers and effectively implement improved bicycle-friendly policies.
– Showcase the most recent best practices in bike parking and bike stations.
Increasing the number of people who move around by cycling and walking is critical to the prosperity and livability of our region. Share the perspectives and innovations of our panel of experts on May 28th and leave with even more reasons and methods to design cities for cyclists.
With thanks to our sponsors:
– Platinum: City of Toronto
– Gold: Bicycle Trade Association of Canada, Government of Ontario (Ministry of Energy and Infrastructure and Ministry of Transportation), Metrolinx, Transport Canada
– Silver: Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, MMM Group, Mountain Equipment Co-Op, Ontario Professional Planners Institute
– Bronze: Dale & Lessmann LLP, GO Transit, IBI Group
– Other Sponsors: Association of Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals, Community Bicycle Network, I Bike T.O.