August 3, 2010 (Dieppe, NB) – August 1 was a hot and sunny day made even hotter by the action at the Caisse Populaire Velodrome in Dieppe, NB. With the main rivalry between the two local cycling clubs Fitworks and Mike’s Bike Shop there were also excellent results for riders newer to the track scene from Fredericton and Pictou NS. The overall championship was decided from a combination of the results from the following events: the 2000 meter time trial, the flying 200 m time trial, the match sprints, a 10 km points race, and an elimination race.
At the end of the day the top rider in the A category was Dieppe’s Jean Richard Cormier riding for Mike’s Bike Shop with Fitworks riders Justin Mallet and Rheal Jaillet also both of Dieppe taking 2nd and 3rd spots. In the B category Fitworks young rider Julien Roussel of Dieppe took the gold followed by Nova Scotian Lucas McCullough from Pictou County in 2nd and Riverview’s Richard Donovan taking the 3rd spot. Top woman rider of the day was Michelle Chase from Dieppe riding for Mike’s followed by Fredericton’s Julia Cormier.
1. Jean Richard Cormier (Mike’s Bike Shop) 6 points
2. Justin Mallet (Fitworks) 15
3. Rheal Jaillet Fitworks 16
4. Charles Cormier Mike’s Bike Shop 18
5. Marc Evers Mike’s Bike Shop 22
6. Don Ricker Mike’s Bike Shop 24
1. Julien Roussel Fitworks 6 points
2. Lucas McCulloch Peter Wedge Racing 13
3. Richard Donovan Mike’s Bike Shop 16
4. Michelle Chase Mike’s Bike Shop 17
5. Julia Cormier Independent 22
6. Jerome Mea Independent 24