April 13, 2011 (Dieppe, NB) – At the eve of celebrating its 10th anniversary, the Atlantic Canada National Cycling Centre is happy to announce de details of its 2011 Cycling Academy. Over the next few months, the cycling academy will focus on the initial stages of the Long Term Athlete Development plan.
The younger ones (8 to 12 years old) start on April 30th with the national “Let’s Ride” Program, while the 12 to 15 years old will start the following weekend with the Peter Wedge Program. Those two programs are mainly offered in Dieppe St-Anselme Park (the older kids also go to other mountain bike venues in the area). BMX is a slightly different program and Mother Nature will dictate when the Subway BMX Track is dry enough to go.
Everything is based on skills development, fun, and self confidence. The National Cycling Centre offers you one of the best “learn to ride” cycling school in the country this spring! For young cyclists, 3main programs will fill our calendar:
Let’s Ride (8 to 12 years old) – 50$
– Newly developed national initiation program
– Skills oriented
– 8 weeks (April 30 to June 18) on Saturday mornings from 9:30 to 10:45
Peter Wedge (12 to 15 years old) – 125$
– Canada’s best learn to train program
– 16 weeks (May 7 to August)
– Once a week until school is over, then twice a week during the summer months
BMX (5 to 15 years old) – 50$
– Membership to the Subway BMX track
– Opening date to be announced according to weather
– Wednesday evening practice with coaching
– Fun racing series (in September)
On-line registrations are now possible here.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or comments. You can do so via e-mail: coach.luc@AtlanticCyclingCentre.com
Luc Arseneau, ChPC
National Cycling Centre Atlantic Canada here.
200 Park Drive
Dieppe, NB E1A 7Z3