November 11, 2009 (Ottawa, ON) – This is a reminder about the 1st annual ANVIL Cyclo-Cross race in Ottawa, November 14, 2009. Greg Reain and Glen Rendall have designed a course that is fun, fast and somewhat technical It is predominantly a course made up of firm grass that is smooth and rolls quite well, with a couple of fast gravel sections and not a ton of elevation gain. The race venue situated about a ten minute drive from downtown Ottawa and right beside the 417, see map. (The race is the day before Provincial Champs which are also in Ottawa info www.cyclocross.org), and should provide you with an excellent tune-up the races on Sunday.
Onsite Catering will be provided by thefoodery.com including hot and cold drinks, homemade baked goods and chili.
Friday, November 13th
– 11:59am Pre Registration Closes at www.ontariocycling.org
Saturday, November 14th
– 10:00am Registration office open, Day of registration available until 45 min before each race starts
– 12:00-12:15 Minime, Pee-wee $10
– 12:30 – 1:10 Women, Junior Men, Masters 50+, Cadets, $25 ($30 for same day)
– 2:00 – 3:00 Senior (Elite and U-23), Masters 30-39, Masters 40-49 $30 ($35 for same day)
Note: Categories and times are subject to change (verify when picking up numbers)
– Masters races will use UCI age based categories.
– Categories racing at the same time will be staged separately
– There will be a Cash Purse of $1500 for the Elite Categories with equal prizing for men and women (no minimum number of starters):
1) $300 2) $200 3) $100 4) $95 5) $55
If more than 25 riders are registered in the Elite category then that category will have the following prize list:
1) $500 2) $300 3) $200 4) $150 5) $100