August 23, 2005 – Congratulatios to Mical Dyck (Terrascape) and Ryan Anderson (Juventus), selected to Canadian National MTB team, competing at the World Championships in Livigno, Italy, August 31 – September 4.
– Canada Games success: Alison Testroete rides to one Gold medal (Criterium) and one Silver medal (Individual Time Trial). Our women placed 2nd over all amongst teams, while our men finished 4th overall, with several top-ten finishes.
– Congratulations to (big) Eric Smith (Bow Cycle/CMC) who set a Canadian record in the Junior Men’s Individual pursuit at the recent World Junior Track Championships in Austria, recording a time of 3m35.263s over the 3 KM distance.
– Keech/Corr Team Challenge Track RaceThe Keech / Corr Team Challenge (Track Race) is being held on Sunday, August 28 rather than August 27 as originally advertised.
-The National Cycling Centre Calgary – Annual track cycling camp The 2-day camp is designed to introduce cycling to young male and female athletes ages 13-17.
– Day 1 August 31st 9am – 3pm Glenmore Velodrome (Behind the Glenmore Athletic Park 50 Ave. and 17 St. SW)
– Day 2 September 1st 9am – 3pm Glenmore Velodrome Sign up: at Olympic Oval front desk (2500 University DR. NW.) Or by phone at 220 7954 -Cost: Pre-register before August 23rd for $30 Late registration is $40 (Track bike rental included)
-Only 20 spots available! For more information e-mail Adam Bailey at:firstname.lastname@example.org