August 21, 2007 (Crossfield, Alberta) – The Calgary CrankMasters Cycling Club will be hosting the annual Alberta Masters Road Race Championships again this year on September 9 in the area NE of Crossfield, Alberta.
Crossfield is located NE of Calgary approximately 60 kms in “rolling ranchlands” and presents a course that should be a challenge for all masters riders. See the race information below.
For the first time this year the competition will be run in five year increments so should provide some more balanced racing. Full race information can be seen by accessing the CrankMasters website at <http://www.calgarycycling.com/>www.calgarycycling.com.
The Calgary CrankMasters Cycling Club Presents the
Alberta Masters Road Race Championships
Date: September 9,2007
Start Time: 11 AM
Sign On Time: 9:00 to 10:45 AM
Sign On Location: Masonic Hall located at Ross and Osler just west of Railway( Highway 2A) in Crossfield
Entry Fees: $20 per rider if registered before September 8. $30 for late registrations
– Masters A1 (riders ages 30-34)
– Masters A2 (riders ages 35-39)
– Masters B1 (riders ages 40-44)
– Masters B2 (riders ages 45-49)
– Masters C1 (riders ages 50-54)
– Masters C2 (riders ages 55-59)
– Masters D1 (riders ages 60-64)
– Masters D2 (riders ages 65-69)
– Masters E1 (riders ages 70-74)
– Masters E2 (riders ages 75-79)
– Masters F (riders ages 80-89)
– Women (ride as one group prizes awarded by age category)
The Course: using Township Road 292, Highway 791 and Township Road 285 The race will be run in a clockwise direction. One lap of the short course is approximately 36 kms and long course is approximately 57 kms.
The Start: On Township Road 292 west of Range Road 10 .
The Finish: Approximately 500 metres east of Range Road 10
– Category A1 and A2 — 2 laps of the long course (approx 114 kms)
– Category B1 and B2 – 1 lap short course and long course ( 93 kms)
– Category C1 and C2 – 2 laps short course (approx 72 kms)
– Category D1,D2 E1,E2,F – 1 lap long course (approx 56 kms)
– All Women Riders – 1 lap long course (approx 56 kms)
This is a race sanctioned by the Alberta Bicycle Association. Early registration is encouraged.
Early registrations will be accepted electronically up until September 8.
Due to the road conditions at the finish line there won’t be any parking allowed except for official vehicles. Parking is available on one side of Range Road 10 only north and south of Township Road 292. It is important to allow farm equipment to move freely on Range Road 10 and other rural roads at this time of year. No Parking will be allowed on the race course. A designated Feed Zone marked by Green Flags will be provided on Township Road 292. There will be limited parking in this area.
Thanks go to the Municipal Distrct of Rocky View No.44, Alberta Transportation, Mountain View County, the Airdrie Detachment of the RCMP and Airdrie EMS for their support.