March 18, 2013 (Ottawa, ON) – The Business Development Manager will assist in the management and delivery of Cycling Canada’s business development strategy. The Business Development Manager works closely with the Business Development Consultant to develop and activate the marketing plan and support the consultant in their role of securing non industry based partnerships.
The Business Development Manager will deliver all aspects of business development execution including revenue and value in kind growth of industry based partnerships.
Application Deadline: March 28, 2013
Starting Date: April 15, 2013
Position: Business Development Manager
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manages industry partner liaison and acquisition of support for products, services and funding from the industry on behalf of Cycling Canada
• Manages sponsorship servicing and cross promotional initiatives with partners
• Assists with the development and activation of the marketing strategy
• Solicits advertising sales for event and other properties
• Manages the content of the organizations website
• Oversees CC’s social media strategy and delivery
Knowledge and Skills
Cycling Canada is looking for candidates that have general knowledge of marketing and promotion as well as an understanding and passion for the sport of cycling. The ideal candidate will have experience in event marketing, events management, presentations and development of the digital space. The ability to engage with advertising, public relations and other agencies to build relationships would be expected in this position.
A university education with a major in an applied area relative to marketing and promotion is desirable. Candidates will be expected to be proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint). The following skills, knowledge or experience will be considered assets:
• experience in consumer products, automotive, financial or pharmaceutical marketing
• experience working directly with sponsors
• the ability to communicate in both official languages
• the ability to create; documents, written proposals and agreements
Salary Range: $ 50,000 – $ 55,000
Type of Position: Full Time – Employee
Read more HERE (PDF).