February 21, 2013 (Aigle, Switzerland) – The International Cycling Union is the International Federation of Cycling. It manages and develops world cycling (disciplines: Road, Track, Mountain Bike, BMX, Paracycling, Cyclo-Cross, Trials, Indoor Cycling) and represents the interests of National Federations from 170 countries. It is based in Aigle at the World Cycling Centre.
The UCI is seeking to appoint immediately a Press Officer (full-time) – English/French.
- Liaising with colleagues and key spokespeople
- Liaising with and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organisations, via telephone and email and at events
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to media
- Collating and analysing media coverage
- Writing/editing in-house publications, articles and annual reports as required
- Organising media events such as press conferences
- Maintaining and updating information on the organisation’s website as required
- Fostering community relations
- Bilingual English and French
- Excellent understanding of international sport and a passion for cycling
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role at international level
- Tertiary education in journalism or closely related field
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Ability to cope with pressure
- Good teamwork, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Available to work irregular hours, weekends, public holidays and to travel extensively
By joining us, you will have the opportunity to make the most of your qualities and enrich your skills in a modern and pleasant working environment, in a dynamic and motivating atmosphere.
If you are interested in this post and your profile matches the description, please send your application (supporting letter, CV, employment certificates and qualifications) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
International Cycling Union
Mrs Maud Paggy
Chemin de la Mêlée 12
Please be advised that only candidates who fit our requirements will be contacted.