February 20, 2013 (Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures) – The Garneau-Quebecor Professional Cycling Team will participate in the Vuelta Independencia Nacional, a stage road race held annually in the Dominican Republic. This international race boasts an aggressive field and course, and the six-man roster for the Garneau-Quebecor Professional Cycling Team is happy to debut its exciting 2013 race season there as a UCI team.
The six-man roster includes:
- Bruno Langlois (CAN) : Langlois has a history at the race with a 2nd Place Overall Podium at the 2010 Vuelta a la Independencia Nacional and 2 Stage Wins (Stages 7 and 8b) in 2012. Langlois will certainly be a contender this year.
- Rémi Pelletier-Roy (CAN) : Pelletier-Roy won the 2012 Tour of Rwanda Prologue and is also a 3X national Track Champion.
- Michael Woods (CAN) : New to the team for 2013, Woods formerly rode for Stevens Racing P/B The Cyclery and was 1st Overall at the 2012 Tour of the Catskills.
- Pierrick Naud (CAN) : One of the younger riders on the team, Naud placed 8th in the 2012 Tour de Beauce for the Youth Classification.
- Alex Cataford (CAN) : Cataford is the 2011 Junior National Champion for Time Trial.
- Adam Farabaugh (USA) : Farabaugh raced in 2012 for Ekoi.com-Gaspesien. He was the 2012 Winner of the US National Criterium Championship for Elite Men.
The Team will officially be launched in April 2013.