February 05, 2013 – The High Performance Manager will assist in the management and delivery of National Team programs and be responsible for the Athlete Assistance Program, Anti-doping Whereabouts program and clothing and equipment inventory management.
In order to ensure optimal National Team program implementation the High Performance Manager will oversee the sport coordinators deliverables while ensuring that the sport coordinators work load is balanced.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Monitor performance measures and targets for National Team programs.
• Assist the HPD and technical coaches in the development of the strategic plan aligned yearly to National Team programs for all cycling sports.
• In collaboration with the sport coordinators lead the ongoing oversight of National Team program budget expenditure monitoring.
• In collaboration with the Performance Development Manager develop and manage national training center and CSC/CSI alignment along with liaison with provincial programs.
• Lead in the development of National Team program selection policies and Sport Canada AAP carding criteria in consult with Cycling Canada’s High Performance Committee (HPC) and the HPC’s subordinate Sport Advisory Groups.
Knowledge and Skills
CC is looking for candidates that have general knowledge of the Canadian sport system as well as an understanding of all Olympic and Paralympic High Performance cycling sports. The High Performance Manager needs to have the ability to prioritize tasks and superior multi-tasking and organizational skills. Due to the collaborative nature of the position and the need to develop and maintain a positive and dynamic work environment, candidates with strong communication and relationship skills will be sought.
Candidates will be expected to be proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint). The following skills, knowledge or experience will be considered assets:
• The ability to manage employees
• Level 3 Coaching Certification or equivalent
• The ability to communicate in both official languages
• The ability to manage equipment/clothing orders and inventory
• The ability to monitor budgets
• The ability to create documents, policies and agreements
More info HERE.