January 22, 2013 (Nottingham, England) – Canada’s Rob Britton, formerly with Bissell Pro Cycling and most recently Team HR Block, was introduced along with the rest of his teammates at the Team Raleigh Official ‘Team Launch’ in Nottingham, England.
The 2013 line-up is both formidable and impressive, and includes:
Returning from 2012: (all from the UK)
- Team Manager Cherie Pridham
- 2012 National Circuit Race Champion - Graham Briggs
- 2012 National Road Race Bronze medallist - Russell Hampton
- Stalwart Scottsman and Commonwealth Games rider - Evan Oliphant.
- 2012 British National Under-23 Road Race Championship Silver Medalist - Matt Holmes (18)
New to the Team in 2013:
- Alexandre Blain (31) , formerly with Endura Racing, brings an incredible set of credentials and a wealth of experience to the team. Recent successes include wins in the Tour of Normandy in 2011, winning the 2012 UCI 1.2 Rutland Melton Classic and the Maldon-Dengie Tour. He also came 3rd overall in the Mi-Aout Bretonne.
- Eric Berthou, from Brest, France, also brings a wealth of experience to the Team. Formerly with Caisse d’espargne (2006-2007), Credit Agricole (2008) and more recently captained Bretagne Schuller (2011 & 2012), Eric took wins in 2012 in the Val d’ille U Classic and the Tour de Bretagne.
- Richard Lang (23) from Sydney, Australia. Formerly with Rapha Condor, Richard is a very strong sprinter and a previous winner of Australia’s classic Goulburn to Sydney race. In 2012 he won the Beverly Elite Criterium and the Newcastle Leazes Criterium.
- Lachlan Norris, (25) from Victoria, Australia, recently won the 2012 Tour of Tasmania overall, including a stage win and the KOM competition. In 2011 he rode as a stagiere for HTC-Highroad and took 4th overall in the Tour of Taiwan and 5th in the Australian National Road Race Championships.
- Sam Witmitz (27) from Victoria, Australia is a lead-out and sprint specialist. Sam won three rounds of the 2012 Australian National Series races and recently won the Sprint competition Jersey overall in New Zealand’s Tour Of Southland.
- Mark O’Brien, (25) also hails from Victoria, Australia. Mark is a very strong climber, GC specialist and a huge signing for Raleigh. His palmarès includes 2nd Overall in Tour of Tasmania 2012, 1st GC Tour of Mersey Valley, 1st GC North Western Tour, 1st GC Tour of Toowoomba, 1st GC Tour of the South West and 2nd in the Oceania Championship in New Zealand.
The New Zealander:
- Tom Scully, (23) from New Zealand, is a talented young rider who has ridden for the Chipotle-First Solar Development Team and more recently with Garmin-Sharp as a stagiere. Tom already has an enviable palmarès with 3rd in the Paris- Roubaix under-23 Espoirs 2012, winner of the Sprints Ace Jersey and 4th overall in Singapore Criterium 2012, 3rd in the Tour de Normandy Prologue 2012, five times UCI World Cup track medallist (2010-12) and five time New Zealand Elite National Track Champion (2008-12).
The Brits: (Both former Great Britain Academy Riders)
- Tom Moses, (20) spent the last two years with the Great Britain Olympic Academy team. During this period he rode in UCI stage races in Europe, mostly in support of team members. Signing with Team Raleigh, Tom should find the opportunity to fulfill his potential. He is a very versatile rider, and was the British National Junior Cyclo Cross Champion in 2009.
- Mark Christian (22), hails from Douglas on the Isle of Man, and joins Team Raleigh from the Sean Kelly’s An Post Team. He is an accomplished road rider who achieved solid results in Europe during 2012. He is a very fast finisher both on the road and on the track. He came 3rd in the Delhi Commonwealth Games Points race and has picked up medals in Scratch, Points, Individual and Team Pursuit races at National and European Championships, World Cup races and Commonwealth Games and is current British National Madison Champion 2012.