September 18, 2012 (Mansfield, ON) – The first of the Ontario University Cup Series mountain bike races took place this past weekend at the Mansfield Outdoor Centre near Mansfield Ontario. Student athletes representing a number of Ontario universities and colleges were eager to once again be a part of this fun series. In its 14th year the U-Cup welcomes student athletes who want to try cross country mountain bike racing. There are advanced divisions for those with race experience, and a beginner division for the first time racers.
Not all schools have mountain bike clubs, so you can register “day-of”. New riders are welcome. Male and Female.
For 2012 U-Cup race Info click HERE.
U-Cup #1 Results
Men’s “A” Division
1. Kelsey Krushel (University of Ottawa)
2. Etienne Moreau (Queen’s University)
3. James Clarke (Queen’s University)
Women’s “A” Division
1. Samantha Wagler (University of Toronto) *also named U of T’s Varsity Athlete of the Week
2. Katlyn Dundas (Brock University)
3. Elyse Nieuwald (McMaster University)
Men’s “B” Division
1. Hank Jien (Queen’s University)
2. Brad Parsons (Queen’s University)
3. Amir Pakdel (University of Toronto)
Women’s “B” Division
1. Jess Meturals (Queen’s University)
2. Stacey Forbes (University of Guelph)
3. Sara Stanbury (Trent University)
Next race – U-Cup #2 / Sunday Sept 23rd @ London Ski Club / Boler Mountain (London, ON) – read more HERE.