July 20, 2012 (Maple, ON) – Started in 2002, the Ride for Karen is a yearly cycling event that is held as a tribute to the life and legacy of Karen Tobias and to raise money for charities that help people living with cancer, and those who care for them. All the money raised from the 2012 Ride for Karen will be used to send kids with cancer to camp.
This year’s ride takes place on Sunday, September 9, and will feature four events, a 160 km course for advanced riders, a 100km course for intermediate riders, a 25km course for recreational cyclists, and a Kids Fun Ride for children to age 12. Sponsored by Scotiabank, the ride has raised over $1.6 million. Time: Registration for 160km and 100km rides begins at 7:30 am. Registration for 25km and Kids Fun Ride begins at 11:30 a.m.
- 9:00 a.m. – 160 km Century Ride/ 100 km Metric Century Ride starts: St Joan of Arc High School, 1 St. Joan of Arc Ave., Maple
- 10:30 a.m. – 100 km Century Ride: 3rd Road Line North (north of Highway #9), Connor
- 12:30 p.m. – Kids’ Fun Ride starts: St Joan of Arc High School, 1 St. Joan of Arc Ave., Maple
- 1:00 p.m. – 25 km Family Ride starts: St Joan of Arc High School, 1 St. Joan of Arc. Ave., Maple
- 2:30-5 p.m. – Finish and BBQ: St. Joan of Arc High School, 1 St. Joan of Arc Ave., Maple
Cost: $100 per rider for registration.
- Raise $250 in pledges and your entry fees are waived.
- Raise $600 dollars in pledges and you get in for free and will also receive a limited edition Ride for Karen cycling jersey.
- Raise $900 in pledges and you will get in for free and will also receive a limited edition Ride for Karen jersey and bib shorts.
Note: Event day registration is $150 (online registration closes on Friday September 7th at 11 p.m.)
What does your entry include?
- On course feed stations that will include water and energy foods
- Lunch during the event (160km & 100km events only).
- BBQ afterwards
- Draw prizes.
For more information email email@example.com and visit our website at www.rideforkaren.com