February 19, 2011 (Montreal, QC) – The ninth annual Montreal Bike Show / Salon du vélo de Montréal began Friday, Feb. 18 and continues through Sunday, Feb. 20. Previously known as Expodium, although that name does not seem to feature on the show’s website this year, the venue is downtown’s Place Bonaventure located at 800 de la Gauchetière West. Some 200 exhibitors, including manufacturers, tourist associations, bike shops, and bike clubs are displaying their 2011 products and services kiosks at the event. New at the show for 2011 are:
– On-site sales of bicycles, components, clothing and accessories at incredible prices!
– Three new exhibition areas: Performance, Health & Nutrition and Security.
– Demonstration of and introduction to unicycles with Monotréal.
– Cycling and triathlon clubs featured
Conference topics include information about buying a new bike, nutrition for endurance sports, mental preparation for sporting events, and preparation for recreational cycling. Pedal believe that most of the seminars will be given in French. Special activities include mechanic clinics, (by Techno Cycle mechanic school), and a 100m track to try the bikes shown at the show.
– Saturday: 10 am to 6 pm
– Sunday: 10 am to 5 pm
– F.Q.S.C. Member: $8.00
– Family Pass: $25.00 (2 adults + 2 children of 12 years old and under)
– Senior (65 and over): $8.00
– Student: $8.00
– From 6 to 12 years: $5.00 (Saturday) / FREE (Sunday)
– Under 6 years: Free
For more information visit www.salonduvelo.com/en/