April 12, 2017 (Pitt Meadows, BC) – Now in its 13th year, the Jeremy’s Roubaix has become a staple of spring racing in British Columbia. Modeled off of the famous Paris-Roubaix in France, Jeremys Roubaix replaces cobbled sectors with the gravel paths of the Pitt Meadows Dyke system. Competitors race on a 10km loop that features nearly 5km of gravel paths, and the event attracts avid cyclists of all sorts, including some of the top racers in BC.
The men’s Cat. 1/2 was won by Dylan Davies (Langlois Brown Racing) from a small bunch sprint ahead of Alexander Murison (Trek Red Truck) in second and Mirtchell Ketler (Smart Savvy+Garneau) in third.
A welcoming break in the weather greeted the 150+ racers with sunny skies at Local Ride Racing’s Jeremy’s Roubaix. With near perfect conditions and a field of some of BC’s top road racers, everyone in attendance was witness to some amazing, competitive races.
The first wave of riders included Cat 4 and Youth categories. With Cat 3 up-grade points up for grabs, strong, aggressive racing was on hand. Grant Gill took the Cat 4 men’s race while Angie Buonassissi, Wowride Tag Cycling, took the women’s race.
In the youth races, it was domination by the local Devo pb Fortius with Lilly Ujfalusi winning the girls category and team-mate Fredrick Ma taking the boys.
Strong fields of riders made-up the next morning start waves of Elite Men, Elite Women and Master Men 30+.
Isabella Bertold, TaG Cycling Race Team, was the top Cat 3 rider with teammate Esta Bovill second and Joelle Delhaes, Jukebox, in third.
The Cat 3 Men fought hard to hold their own in the strong Elite Men’s field. Their race also ended in in a sprint finish, with Duncan Bryson, Victoria Wheelers taking the win followed by Quinn Storey, Cannondale pb Fortius and Carsten Ivany, Giant Vancouver.
Next race for Local Ride Racing will be Race the Ridge on April 29 and 30. This year will see the return of the Thornhill Road Race, a new Thornhill Time Trial and the popular Town Core Criterium. Early registration special pricing is in effect until April 15. For information and to register, go to www.localride.ca.
Elite Men Cat 1,2
1. Dylan Davies (Langlois Brown Racing) 2:22:34.2
2. Alexander Murison (Trek Red Truck Racing) 0.000
3. Mirtchell Ketler (Smart Savvy+ Garneau) 0.400
4 Nigel Kinney (Langlois Brown Racing) 0.600
5. Amiel Flett-Brown (NorthCoast Lumber 1 p/b Giant L) 0.700
6. Lukas Conly (Smart Savvy+ Garneau) 0.800
7. Brendan Armstrong (Trek Red Truck Racing) 1.200
8. Erik Diertens (TaG Cycling Race Team) 6.500
9. Kurt Penno (Team Manitoba) 23.900
10. Emile de Rosnay (Independant) 25.700
11. James Grant (TaG Cycling Race Team) 25.800
12. Mark Grant (TaG Cycling Race Team) 33.000
13. Jake Cullen (Smart Savvy+ Garneau) 33.300
14. Sherwood Plant (Langlois Brown Racing) 1:37.700
15. Ty Andrews (Trek Redtruck Racing) 2:18.000
16. Adam Holcombe (Gastown Cycling) 5:45.500
17. Alex Schmidt (Independent) 12:07.500
18. Brett Wakefield (Giant Vancouver) 12:40.600
19. Von Winklemann (Independent) 14:00.400
20. Kellen Viznaugh (Smart Savvy+ Garneau) 14:00.400
DNF Wes Ochitwa (Langlois Brown Racing)
DNF Atilla Avsar (Independant)
DNF Brendan Cowley (North Coast Lumber 1 p/b Giant)
DNF Nicholas Jones (North Coast Lumber 1)
DNF Patrick Riddell (Northcoast Lumber 1 p/b Giant)
Elite Women Cat 1,2
1. Anika Todd (Trek Red Truck Racing) 2:09:04.6
2. Rachel Canning (Fluevog’s Crit Nasty) 13.300
3. Haley Gill (Pender Racing p/b BICICLETTA) 2:18.700
4. Erin Attwell (Trek Red Truck Racing) 2:19.100
5. Michele Schaeffer (Trek Red Truck Racing Racing) 3:27.300
6. Anna Talman (Trek Red Truck Racing) 4:03.500
7. Holly Simonson (Trek Red Truck Racing) 7:04.300
All Jeremy’s Roubaix results here.