February 18, 2014 (London, ON) – The Forest City Velodrome is pleased to announce that the 2014 FCV Youth Championships are scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 22. The FCV will open Saturday for registration and warm up 8am – 9:15am, with the racing beginning at 9:30am. Approximately 70 Youth racers will be testing their legs. The FCV will also be open for training on Friday night 6pm – 8:30pm.
Entry Fee is $20.00
- Under 19 (boys & Girls)
- Under 17 (Boys & Girls)
- Under 15 (Boys & Girls)
- Under 13 (Boys & Girls)
- Under 11 (one Category)
The Omnium style event will include five events, Standing Start Lap, Flying Lap, Standing start 500m, flying 500m and standing start Kilo/2Km (depending on age).
Please register before Friday February 21st…. send an email to: ForestCityVelodrome@Live.com
Again in 2014 there are a set of carbon track wheels to be won. The competition will be open to all U19 riders (registered for the Youth Championships)…. The Handicap competition for the wheels will begin at 5:30pm. The finals will be at 7pm.
Friday February 21st
- 6pm – Rider registration
- 6:30pm-8:30 – Training
- 8:30pm – Track closes
- 6pm – 9:30pm (FCV evening at MEC on Wellington St)
“10% savings storewide” at MEC
Saturday February 22nd
- Thank you to MEC in London for their support during events:
- 7:30am – Registration opens
- 8:00 am-9:15 – Training
- 8:15am – 9:15am – Warm up at
FCV Youth Championships
Event order: (Girls then Boys)
- 9:30am (U11, U13, U15) – Standing Kilo – Event #1
- 10:30am (U17, U19) – Standing Kilo – Event #1
- 11:15am (U11, U13, U15) – Flying 500m – Event #2
- 12pm (U17 , U19) – Flying 500m – Event #2
- 12:45pm (U11, U13, U15) – Standing 500m – Event #3
- 1:45pm (U17, U19) – Standing 2kms – Event #3
- 3:15pm (U11, U13, U15) – Standing Lap – Event #4
- 3:45pm (U17, U19) – Standing Lap – Event #4
- 4:30pm (U11, U13, U15) – Flying Lap – Event #5
- 5pm (U17, U19) – Flying Lap – Event #5
End of FCV Youth Championships
Rules for the Youth Championships
- Entry Fee $20.00 (includes Training on Friday night).
- No Disc Wheels… Exception Juniors (Rear only).
- Aero helmets allowed for Cadets & Juniors ONLY.
- Aero bars allowed for Cadets & Juniors ONLY.
- Riders must complete all 5 events to win medals.
- Medals to the top 5 riders in every Category.
- Podium presentation at 6:15pm before evening racing.
- Riders must enter their proper 2014 racing age group.
- Electronic timing for all riders in all events.
- Have Fun!!!
2014 FCV HandiCap Championship
- 5:45pm – Round #1 – Total 3 Laps
Top 2 riders advance to the next round in the preliminary round
- 6pm – Round #2 – Total 3 Laps
Top 2 riders from each grid – advance to the Finals
- 7pm – Final Round – winner takes the Carbon Wheels
For more info visit www.ForestCityVelodrome.ca