2012 TO Bike Show a Big Success – Report, Photos by pedalmag.com
The Porsche designed RS 29er is a high end bike sporting their unique head-tube badge © Peter Kraiker/Kraikerphoto.com
March 06, 2012 (Toronto, ON) – The 26th Annual Toronto International Bicycle Show, Mar. 2-4 saw solid traffic all weekend with cycling enthusiasts of all stripes lining up at the doors and converging to check out the latest in parts and designs for the techie crowd, as well as a much-frequented Tourism section for those wishing to turn the dream of their next two-wheeled trip into a reality.
Campy supreme: the electronic Super Record ESP groupo © Peter Kraiker/Kraikerphoto.com
Fans were able to meet Olympians like Curt Harnett, Mary Spencer, Gillian Apps and Brian Stemmle at the Gears booth, and some of the most drooled over selections included everything from Shimano’s new Ultegra Di2 to Campy’s new EPS system, as well as bling from Porsche, Marin, Argon, Opus, and the 2012 Europecar team kit by Louis Garneau.
The 2012 Europcar team kit by Louis Garneau © Peter Kraiker/Kraikerphoto.com
If you missed the big to-do, or want another look at the show’s highlights, check out Pedal’s insider gallery of photos for the scoop… and check back for our TO Bike Show videos coming soon.
- Yakima highlighted a light-weight trailer that is designed to take advantage of all their bar mounted options © Peter Kraiker/Kraikerphoto.com
- A Madfiber wheel, with custom badge to match the Storck Aero 2 frame colours, on display at Blacksmith Cycle © Peter Kraiker/Kraikerphoto.com
- Track cycling great Curt Harnett's Olympic medals © pedalmag.com
- Canadian firm Guru has a custom photon bikes on display at the Gears booth © Peter Kraiker/Kraikerphoto.com
- Short and sharp: the new Garneau Vorttice aero helmet © Peter Kraiker/Kraikerphoto.com
- Olympians Curt Harnett (l) and Brian Stemmle hold court © pedalmag.com
- Raleigh bikes were sporting some classic leather at the show © Peter Kraiker/Kraikerphoto.com
- Pinarello and Campy reaching new heights © Peter Kraiker/Kraikerphoto.com
- The Lion of Flanders Museeuw bikes are finally available in Canada © Peter Kraiker/Kraikerphoto.com
- Olympian Brian Stemmle (l) and Gears founder Kevin Wallace © pedalmag.com
- Opus had something for everone on display and family was very much part of their theme © Peter Kraiker/Kraikerphoto.com
- Bamboo Bike Studio Toronto got lots of thumbs up for their first time at the event, and for the the raffle to build your own bamboo bike © Peter Kraiker/Kraikerphoto.com
- Royal Distributing are new to the show and already had a grasp of the family niche with their selection of bikes and accessories © Peter Kraiker/Kraikerphoto.com
- Cynthia Brener and the Argon 18 bikes Team Spidertech are using © Peter Kraiker/Kraikerphoto.com
- The 2012 Europcar team kit by Louis Garneau © Peter Kraiker/Kraikerphoto.com
- Campy supreme: the electronic Super Record EPS groupo © Peter Kraiker/Kraikerphoto.com
- The Porsche designed RS 29er is a high end bike sporting their unique head-tube badge © Peter Kraiker/Kraikerphoto.com
- Jolie and Chantal Mizerski at Racer Sportif booth © pedalmag.com
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.