May 12, 2009 (Ottawa, Ontario) – The Canadian Cycling Association (CCA) is pleased to present the 2009 edition of the Canada Cup Mountain Bike Series. The 2009 Edition kicks off this coming Sunday the 17th of May in Baie Ste Paul, in the Charlevoix region of Quebec for the XCO rides. The Downhill racers will start the 24th of May at Mont Tremblant, Quebec.
Five of the six XCO events are UCI category 1 events with one new event will be a UCI category 2 event, all three DHI events will be UCI category 2 events. The Canada Cup Series will be a part of the selection process for the national team.
This weekend at Baie Ste Paul the 2008 Canada Cup series overall champions Jean Ann McKirdy (Local Ride Women’s MTB Team / BC) and Raphael Gagne (Rocky Mountain – Maxxis / QC) will be competing.
Canada Cup XCO Series
– 17/05/2009 Baie Ste Paul QC, UCI 1
– 23/05/2009 Mont Tremblant QC, UCI 1
– 31/05/2009 Hardwood Ski and Bike ON, UCI 1
– 13/06/2009 Edmonton AB, UCI 2
– 20/06/2009 Canmore AB, UCI 1
– 05/07/2009 Bromont QC, UCI 1
Canada Cup DHI Series
– 24/05/2009 Mont Tremblant QC, UCI 2
– 04/07/2009 Bromont QC, UCI 2
– 23/08/2009 Kamloops BC, UCI 2
The Canadian Cycling Association, in partnership with its affiliated provinces and organizing committees invite you to come out and encourage Canada’s best and most promising athletes at the Canada Cup Mountain Bike Series.
You’ll find all the necessary information regarding dates, venues and organizers at the following linkhere.