September 21, 2005 – Russian Mikhail Ignatiev has taken the U23 World TT Championships today in Madrid, Spain with an average speed of almost 48km/h. On a beautiful day with temperatures around 25-30 degrees, Ignatiev beat Ukrainian Dmytro Grabovskyy by over half a minute, with Kiwi Peter Lathan taking the bronze. Two Canadians were entered in the race: Gearsracing.com’s Ryan Roth, and Symmetrics Cycling’s Christian Meier. Roth finished 31st, and Meier 44th.
The next event for the U23 men is the road race which takes place this Saturday, September 24 at 1pm.
U23 Men’s World ITT Championships
1. Mikhail Ignatiev (Russian Federation) 47:24.28 (47.97kmph)
2. Dmytro Grabovskyy (Ukraine) at 0:34.62
3. Peter Latham (New Zealand) 0:37.33
4. Martin Mortensen (Denmark) 0:50.52
5. Simon Spilak (Slovenia) 1:12.18
6. Mark Jamieson (Australia) 1:26.18
7. Andrei Kunitski (Belarus) 1:38.64
8. Lasse Bochman (Denmark) 1:42.17
9. Tiziano Dall’antonia (Italy) 1:42.20
10. Tyler Farrar (USA) 1:44.28
31. Ryan Roth (Canada) 3.11.49
44. Christian Meier (Canada) 4.40.15